Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It fits!


After our regular ride today to Pt Walter, K came over to my house to see what is the best way to pack his folder for our upcoming Thai Mekong ride in 3 weeks time.

I remembered an old suitcase with airline approved dimensions I had in the shed. Removing the seat post and the 2 wheels, we were pleasantly surprised that the Ventura fitted straight into the suitcase with no worries. However to be extra safe, I suggested dismantling the RD and wrapping it up in bubble wrap, just to be sure. It took all of 5 mins to put everything together again.

Looks like K is all set to go because it fits!

ps: Those of you going for the trip, I hope you have practised packing your folder. Mine is all set and ready to go!

4 comments:

Taiwoon said...

congrats on the Ventura and it fits the luggage case! It got triple chain ring front right? I got one in cool baby blue for my bro-in law... Plus pannier and rack!

Oldyonfoldy said...

May I confirm, does it take Dahon rack?

ChrisW said...

Bro, the free range eggs sticker is from my 2007 trip to Perth. The case fits a Brompton and much more, besides eggs.

Taiwoon said...

Bro Al, I bought the ibera pannier and rack for Axis cycles. For Dahon rack.. I not sure. ... but a bi of bugding and bending can sure work