Saturday, December 31, 2011

An intentional 2012


I missed the first ride for 2012 today organised by LCSG. I did not get home till 3am as I was attending a Watchnight Service and there was no way I could make it for the 730am ride. Seems there is a limit on how much we can do given our limited time each day.

Which challenges me to think about what really is important for this brand new year, this fresh block of time given to us. We can choose to drift aimlessly through this year or perhaps be a little more intentional.

If time is an investable commodity, how and what would we invest it in? For me, I can think of no better way than to invest into the lives of people. To add, to build, to brighten, to teach, to share, to help another person - brings immense joy somehow, not just to him or her but for us too. Undergirding this must be a strong sense of love, not just for ourselves, but for one another.


With that in mind, CW and I will be bringing 10 folks on a Winter Ride to Northern Thailand 10 days from now. It promises to be a great time to enjoy the scenic beauty, culture, food and fun of cycling from Chiang Mai, to Chiang Dao and then to Thaton, at the tip of the Burmese border. More than half of us will be on Bike Fridays! It took a lot of planning and research but sharing the joys of adventure touring is highly satisfying. Check out the pics by CW!
.
Thai massage, not for the faint hearted.


May I wish you and your love ones, a very happy, fruitful and intentional 2012 with many many delightful moments on the saddle!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. John 13:34

No comments: