Sunday, July 15, 2012

Father knows best...



The Malay language has a very interesting description of going for a joy ride - its called "Makan Angin" or eat wind.

A week ago, my Carry Me flew from Singapore to Phnom Penh snugly in its box and came back the next day. It never had the chance to grace Cambodian soil. Instead, it spend its 19 hours in the capital inside its box, never having a chance to explore the chaotic but fascinating streets of Phnom Penh.

This was because my beloved mother in law went to glory the night I touched down. It was providence that I was there as my missus who was leading a volunteer medical team was to be all alone that evening. I was grateful that I could be with her to receive the news. It was truly an Esther moment. Our God works on his own perfect time and purpose.


So the Carry Me flew 2300km with SilkAir, literally eating lots of wind 10000ft up in the air and was not ridden. But I didn't mind it one bit as our Heavenly Father who holds our lives in His sure hands, knows what is best for us.


You saw me before I was born.

Every day of my life was recorded in your book.

Every moment was laid out

before a single day had passed.  Psalm 139:16



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts and prayers are also with my ride buddy CW who just lost his Dad yesterday evening.



1 comment:

Michael Khor said...

Hi Al, our heartfelt sympathies on the loss of your mother-in-law. No words can truly express a personal loss one feels, but I know that His love will enfold you and your loved ones in this time of sadness.