Thursday, April 4, 2013

A beautiful poem of Pedalling before the Storm




While they say a picture paints a thousand words, I think there is value in beautiful words strung together especially when they capture the joy of cycling before a storm, and a hope and prayer that the weather will somehow hold . 

I was intrugued with these choice words that appeared this morning in the Love Cycling Spore Group by Grace Wee. 

A feast for the senses in today's pre-dawn ride
The fresh smell of looming rain
Spectacular flashes of light
Grumbling sounds of thunder
Made my heart jump with fright

As headwinds caress the skin on my face
Dead leaves spiral and fall
I pedalled on with faith that The One up there
Would graciously delay the storm for us all

2 comments:

Michael Khor said...

sweet...

Oldyonfoldy said...

Your one word captures so much Mike!