Friday, June 12, 2009

Hail the start of winter

Pic courtesy of RTS

When winter sets in, the cycling schedule gets all thrown out of sorts unless you are the type that ride even through freezing rains and winds. Last night, there was a thunderous sound on my roof and I came out only to discover that the sky was sprewing little ice pellets.

This is akin to having dangerous ball bearings all over the pathways, with more coming. While fun and exciting to watch and experience, I thought about the safety of those who are out cycling home when these hailstones literally pelt you relentlessly.

I hail the start of winter, with mixed feelings. Looks like my foldies will be keeping warm inside the heated house, and so will I.

1 comment:

Las montaƱas said...

Winter is to spend more time on the bed under the sheets.