Sunday, October 24, 2010

Get us to the church on time!





Its a joy to have my buddy Chris and his missus here with me on their holidays. Needless to say, they are ardent cyclists and it was a natural thing to do for all 4 of us to cycle to church yesterday. The only person who didn't seem too happy was my son Jem as he cycles to school everyday, and had to cycle again, on Sunday. Well, certainly not a case of "like father like son" here.


Taking the excellent bike path straight to church, we made it in 20 mins even though we did it leisurely, 5 mins before service. I was surprised to see so many bicycles parked at church and attribute it to the nice sunny Spring days we are enjoying at the moment.


We return via the scenic route at Canning River along the Shelly Foreshore and both Mr and Mrs Chris really enjoyed the breathtaking views. As I write this post on Monday morning, they are out to explore the city, by bicycles of course.

No comments: