Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Remembering Bro Paul, 1 year on...

Lately I have been intrigued with the heritage of Bukit Brown cemetery at Lornie Road Singapore. I went for a tour there last Saturday with Matt C and came away fascinated at learning about the lives of those who came before us. It has a nearly 200 year old history and its sad that a new road will be built across it in 2013. Resting in peace in land scarce Singapore can be a challenge.

Beautiful designed by Joeel Lee

Thinking about people that have passed on, I'm deeply touched that the Love Cycling Singapore Group is remembering my late friend Paul Lim, bicycle legend, who was killed a year ago, a victim of an irresponsible drunk driver. They are doing this by cycling 128km around Singapore on 29 Apr Sunday and nearly 80 cyclists have signed up to do this special ride.

I'm of course looking forward to it but it doesn't help that I've been nursing a nasty flu this past week. Lets hope I recover well enough to do this, or at least a part of it. I cannot miss this especially in light of how short and unpredictable our life can be.




Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.  James 4:14



No comments: