Sunday, April 13, 2008

Who wants to be a millionaire?

The trusty Surly is finally packed into a regular-sized bike box. My mom commented why its so huge. Arh, she is too used to seeing me travel with my foldies. Usually, its just the Samsonite or a half-size golf bag.
.
Weight is the cyclist's enemy so each item carried is carefully considered. My panniers filled up quickly and measured about 6kg for 10 days of travel. Not bad, light enough even for cabin luggage.
.
But the best part so far in the preparation is changing into Indonesian Rupiah. S$1 gets Rp 6647 so I'm technically a millionaire, with 3.5m to blow in 10 days. That sounds like fun!
.
Flight leaves 0645 - so its early to bed. Not sure when I can write next but stay tune and keep us in your prayers as we attempt to tame the Sumatran Volcanoes. Alas, too excited to sleep...
.
.
*This verse in Deuteronomy 31:8 may very well be Strida riders fav promise in the Bible, but its good to know that the Almighty is with us, wherever we go :)
.
"God is striding ahead of you. He's right there with you. He won't let you down; he won't leave you."

1 comment:

Gene said...

Enjoy your trip in Indonesia! Be expecting nice pictures from you.

I'm leaving for Melbourne tomorrow. Anyways, safe journey!