Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sharing life together ...



















This was the theme for my church camp and what an appropriate one indeed. Life lived in and within a community, is so much more meaningful and purposeful. The extended time I had with my family and friends was also very special. What a joy to see so many familiar smiles and join in the laughter of 90 folks from all walks of life, united by God's overflowing love for us. This is perhaps a glimpse of what heaven will be like.
.
No wonder Hebrews 10:24,25 encourages us to "Consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together..." Our Creator has made us relational beings and we came together to celebrate that.
.
Of course, I used whatever free time to ride my Carry Me to discover Malacca - "The Living Museum". History, culture, heritage and nonya food, its all there. The CM made exploring the town really easy. But it attracted too many admirers for my liking !

I wrote this article for the Folding Society UK last year on Malacca. Do have a click if you like to read about this little adventure on a Dahon Helios and Brompton.

http://www.foldsoc.co.uk/Mike/malacca.html

1 comment:

in2minds said...

Love the photo of the Carry Me thru the typical bike. It is true life is about perceptives as shaped by our values